Women's Wellness Series - Physical You
May 11, 2014
The JCC is proud to present the Women’s Health & Wellness Series in partnership with Greensquare Center for the Healing Arts.
This event, designed by women for women offers cutting edge information, hands-on experiences and practical advice for living a healthy and fulfilling life. The format of the event includes short talks by the professionals highlight in green below, followed by health-fair style booths. Interact one-on-one with a diverse range of presenters and practitioners from a wide variety of professional fields.
Our first session in the series is Physical YOU: Healthy living from Head to Toe on Sunday, May 18th from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM in the Daniel M. Soref Community Hall at the Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center.
- Charlene Watters, IHC from Integrative Health Advocates, LLC talking about Are You Toxic? Integrative Health Navigation
- Alana Hammer, MS, LAc, Dipl, OM from Acupuncture by Alana talking about Creating Optimal Health with Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Susan Riegg, MD from her own practice talking about The Hormone Effect on Insomnia
- Diane Peck, Personal Trainer at the JCC talking about The Importance of Good Posture
- Ellen Kay, LMT, Licensed Esthetician from the JCC's Teva Spa talking about Self-Massage Techniques for Wellness
- Steve White, E-RYT 500 Yoga & Pilates instructor at the JCC talking about Breathing-It's Easy, Right?
- Jeffery A. Arnson, AMCNM, President of the International Microscopy Assoc. from Jeffery A. Arnson, Nutritional Microscopy talking about Blood Analysis of Your Lifestyle Choices
- Flip Troiano, MD from Great Lakes Vital Health talking about What's on your "Health's Data Dashboard?"
- Katherine de Shazer, LMT, CLT from Athena Therapeutic Massage talking about Are You Medi-cupping (the gentle detox)?
- Dr. Dale Buegel, E-RYT 500 from Vitality Matters, LLC talking about Yoga Training & Wellness
- Tracy Bretl, DO, SC from Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine talking about Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine For Musculoskeletal Pain
- Bruce Semon, MD from Wisconsin Institute of Nutrition, LLP talking about Anti Yeast Therapy & The Power To Heal
- Sandy Ingram, Arthritis Association Teacher at the JCC talking about Exercising with Arthritis
- Melanie Hersch, Sales & Membership Director at the JCC talking about A One-Stop Health & Fitness Shop
- Certifited Teva Pilates Teacher at the JCC will talk about Re-gaining Pelvic Floor Strength & Stability
- Amy Jahner, Personal Trainer at the JCC will talk about The What and Why of Functional Interval Training
Click here for more information about our Wednesday, May 28th session from 6:00-8:00 PM and save the date for our Sunday, June 8th session from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM. (More information coming soon!)